Being stuck in lockdown is daunting for many of us but it’s important to remember that this will not last forever. It is important to take time everyday and take time to do things purely for your own wellbeing. A simple self care routine can make such a positive difference. Here’s a few tips for taking care of yourself
- Begin each day by complimenting yourself.
You are doing the best you can do given the circumstances and it is important to maintain self-love and respect. When you feel overwhelmed or stressed, try taking a set of deep breaths for a period of two minutes. This helps your body relax itself and calm down.
- Be sure to spend some time enjoying your favourite hot drinks.
Cafes may be closed at the moment but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your favourite coffee or tea drink. Hot tea has so many health benefits and winter is a great time to experiment with seasonal spices like ginger and cinnamon.
- Decluttering and organising your space also helps keep a clear mind while keeping your space clean and tidy.
Doing this for 15 minutes a day can be very soothing, even if it seems like a chore at first.
- Simple exercise and plenty of stretching will do wonders for you, so make sure you do a little bit every day, though it can seem more comfortable to relax on the couch all day.
Stretching your body for 15 minutes a day also helps you loosen your muscles and joints. This is beneficial in so many ways as it helps keep your body moving and increases its flexibility. Fresh air can do wonders for you. Spending at least 20 minutes a day outside can help you escape the reality of lockdown. Light walking, jogging, and running are all activities that can be done in the fresh, outdoors.
- Lastly, journaling your thoughts each day is also extremely beneficial to your mental health.
Writing down your thoughts every day can help you make sense of how you’re feeling and create a visual way for mapping out solutions to any issues you might be facing. Journals are helpful to look back upon later to see how far you’ve come!
Try and add these activities into your daily routine. It will help you keep a positive outlook during these uncertain times.